About St. Amant FFA
A Little History:
The St. Amant FFA was originally established in 1938. The Chapter was inactive for a while when St. Amant and East Ascension were combined schools. The St. Amant FFA Charter was re-established in 1988 under the direction of Mr. Ray Mayers. After many years of molding and influencing hundreds of St. Amant students, Mr. Mayers retired and turned the program over to Mrs. Mandy Savoy DeLaune in August 2007.
Upon her arrival, Mrs. DeLaune was given a classroom, worn out welding shop, small old greenhouse and a tract of land. It didn't take long for Mrs. DeLaune to develop a five year plan for St. Amant High Agriscience Department. That plan would include an updated welding shop and tools, new greenhouse, addition of an updated wood working shop, a small barn facility, and raised garden beds.
After tremendous support from the Administration, Central Office staff, and the Maintenance Department, things were looking good around the old Ag Department! After a redesigned curriculum, and the addition of a second instructor, Mr. Chris Head, the program was on the right path. With increased enrollment, and improved facilities, the last step is to begin on the barn facility. Our vision not only includes a building structure, but vegetable gardens, fruit trees, a large strawberry plot as well as a large pumpkin patch. All of this would be manageable by the kids as would be the community farmer's market.
NCCER Welding (Dual enrollment course with LTC)
FFA (formally Future Farmers of America) is the student organization associated with the courses we offer.
The National FFA Organization is a student organization with 506,199 members and 7,429 chapters nationwide. From urban to rural schools, FFA is found in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
FFA is the part of our program that allows us to reach out into the Community to teach and be a useful asset.
St. Amant FFA Alumni